Contact Us to Hire Alvin Pardo as Expert Witness
Alvin Pardo-Monell, MS, ME
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER CONSULTANT, EXPERT WITNESS, SAFETY MGT & TRAINING
- 34 years of experience in the Electrical Construction & Maintenance Industry
- Teaching professionally since 1996
- Former Electrical Engineering Professor- Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
- Instructor for ABC- VA, ABC-Metro-Washington, MD, ABC-Baltimore, MD & IEC, MD
- Founder of a bilingual Vocational Institute in Northern Virginia- June 2000
- OSHA Outreach Construction Instructor (since 2002) +VDOT Instructor (since 2005)
- Conducted seminars and made presentations for audiences of up to 300 people
- Fully Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Associated Builders and Contractors Instructor of the Year Finalist (2006 and 2017)
Vocational Training School Management:
- Provided advice and led instructors of vocational programs for the successful professional development of electrical apprentices in the Washington Metropolitan Area, Florida and the Caribbean.
- Reduced costs by conducting extensive analysis of training costs, facilities costs and effective marketing.
- Developed technical and audiovisual learning tools to complement live classes in English and Spanish.
- Founded APM Vocational Institute, LLC, accredited by NCCER as a training unit under ABC Virginia since 2003.
Electrical Safety Management and Construction:
- Planned, Supervised and coordinated electrical distribution construction systems.
- Provided NFPA, NFPA 70E Arc Flash and Electrical Wiring Methods following OSHA Standards (Sub-Parts K and S).
- Conducted field visits and inspections of underground and aerial medium voltage electrical distribution constructions for residential, commercial projects including traffic control operations following VDOT, SHA and DDOT.
- Responsible for safety inspections, audit reports, Safety Manuals Development, JSA’s.
- Provided and development of Competent Person Training in electrical, fall protection, excavation and scaffolding.
- Document control, Onsite Testing Procedures, Codes and Standards (OSHA, ANSI, ASTM and others).
- Conducted hundreds of electrical topics and safety classes and seminars annually.
- Represented organizations by developing strong liaison network with contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Served as consultant to licensed electrical engineers, professional electricians, and consumers. Advised on electrical construction requirements according to the National Electrical Code and related electrical and safety standards
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MANUALS
- Developed a technical “Electricians Manual”, in Spanish for Hispanics to be distributed by Delmar Learning Publishers in 2018 and a “Safety Pocket Manual” for Hispanic construction workers
- Wrote comprehensive educational materials (e.g., Manuals, Training Aids) for effective learning process.
- Prepared presentations to companies in the area to recruit students trained by APM and ABC- Chapters.
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES
Alvin provides legal expert witness services in the capacity of electrical engineering safety and construction.
- Professional Trainer for Electrical Apprentices since 2000 (Spanish/English), accredited by NCCER in 2003
- APM Vocational Institute Founder/ Principal
- OSHA 500-Outreach Construction Industry Safety Trainer (Since 2002)
- OSHA 501 (Jan. 2018)
- NSC-CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor
- Fall Protection
- Excavation & Trenching, Scaffold, Confine Space Instructor
- Advanced, Intermediate and Basic Traffic Control Instructor (since 2005)
- ATSSA Flagger Instructor
- MAOTIEC Construction Specialist
- NSC Advanced Safety Certificate
- OSHA Public Sector Safety and Health Fundamentals (Construction and Gen. Industry)
- CHST Certification (early 2018)
- NCCER Electrical Safety Technology Certification (Since 2005)
- 05/98 – Pres: Principal Engineer, APM Electrical Technologies, Alexandria, VA
- 06/00 – Pres: Principal – APM Vocational Institute, Alexandria, VA
- 07/97 – 05/98 Program Manager, National Electrical Manufacturers Association, Rosslyn, VA
- 10/95 – 05/97: Principal Engineer, APM Engineering & Associates, Inc. – San Juan, PR
- 11/96 – 04/97: Professor, Electrical Eng. Dept., POLYTECHNIC UNIV. OF PR – San Juan, PR (part time)
- 04/90 – 09/95 Electrical Engineer, US ARDEC-ARMY – Picatinny Arsenal, Dover, NJ
- 09/89 – 04/90: Electrical Engineer Supervisor II, PR POWER AUTHORITY – San Juan, PR
- 12/87 – 11/89: Engineer Assistant III, PR ELECTRIC POWER AUTHORITY – San Juan, PR
- 11/84 – 12/87: Distribution Systems General Inspector, PR ELECTRIC POWER AUTHORITY – Fajardo, PR
- 07/83 – 07/89: Construction Electrician 3rd Class -Supervisor. US NAVY NAVAL RESERVE – Ceiba, PR
- 08/98 M.S. – Systems Management, FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – Melbourne, FL
- 05/93 M.E. – Mechanical Engineering, STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – Hoboken, NJ
- 05/89 B.S. – Electrical Engineering, POLYTECHNIC UNIV. OF PUERTO RICO – San Juan, PR
- Assn of Professional Engineers & Surveyors of Puerto Rico –
Engineer Certificate No. 10601: VA, DC, KY, WV, AL & MD
- Master Electrician License
- Association of Professional Masters Electricians – PR License No. 5895 (09/1986)
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Master Trainer/Master Craft Electrical/ Adv. Electrical Topics (Since 2003)