OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH EXPERT WITNESS & CONSULTANT, OSHA TRAINER
An effective and highly trained Safety Manager with 9 years’ experience overseeing Dominion Energy’s sub-contractors and their safety teams during the development stage of large solar projects. Overseer of safety and health policies, tool box talks, training, compliance and enforcement. Creating programs and effectively communicating guidelines to all parties and sub-contractors. Making required changes and developing response strategies to keep safety risk
to a minimum. Teach up and coming safety professionals on how to coach employees while in the field and how to get their point across while at the same time earning the respect needed to be an effective safety professional. Effectiveness in leadership and bringing working men and women together as a team to complete a project safely.
Considerable experience and knowledge of Dominion Energy’s Exhibit G and their health and safety practices
● Exceptional knowledge of VOSH, OSHA, MSHA, and Dominion Energy compliance standards.
● OSHA 500, OSHA 510, OSHA 502, & OSHA 30 certified.
● Authorized by the American Red Cross to train and certify participants in first aid, CPR, & AED.
● Equipment Operator Instructor – Certified through Eastern Lift Truck Academy.
● Authorized through MSHA to teach, train, and certify Virginia New Miner and General Miner training.
● Safety Management 1 & 2 certification.
● Authorized through ATTSA to teach, train, & certify participants in the VDOT flagger course.
● ATTSA Work Zone Supervisor certification.
● OSHA recordkeeping specialist including all OSHA 300 logs.
● Accident investigation and prevention.
● Weekly client safety audits and immediate abatements.
● Post OSHA citation representation.
● Safety training and effectively being able to communicate to all parties.
● Onsite drug screening.
● Jobsite inspection and hazard assessment.
● Creating emergency action plans and fire prevention plans.
● Creating and Implementing hazcom procedures.
● Ability to conduct Job Hazard Analysis procedures and training.
● Equipment inspection and documentation.
● Exceptional computer skills including word, excel, power point, and quick books.
● Knowledge of blueprints and estimating (structural and architectural)
● Site Management.
● Identifying risk and showing root cause analysis for near misses.
● Creating safety programs and communicating guidelines.
● Trenching and excavation competent person and trainer of.
● Rigging and instruction.
● Considerable knowledge of NFPA guidelines.
● Exceptional relationship with Dominion Energys’ safety representatives, directors, and project managers.
● Dinwiddie High School Graduate (2003)
● Chesapeake Region Safety Council (2014)
● Eastern Lift Truck Training Academy (2015)
● WVA/VA Mine Association Instructor Course (2016)
● American Red Cross Instructor Training (2016)
Custom Safety Compliance & Supply, LLC.
Occupational Safety Manager and Occupational Safety & Health Trainer
Southern Tradesmen Group (2020) Electrical Contractor
Brad Cole Construction (2019-2020) Civil Contractor
Safety Trainer/Safety Manager
C.E. Thurston Contractors (2018) Mechanical Contractor
DSI (2018) – Electrical Contractor
D&D Mechanical Inc (2017) Mechanical Contractor
Merck Pharmaceuticals – Elkton VA
Nitro Power (2017 – 2018) Electrical Contractor
D&D Mechanical (2016) Mechanical Contractor/Trainer
Dominion Coal Ash plant- Chesterfield VA
Sukit Civil Construction – (2016) Civil Contractor
Gloucester Solar Farm – Gloucester VA 95 mw
Elgin Power Solutions (2016-2017) – Electrical Contractor
Southampton Solar Project- Southampton VA 120 mw
J.E. Liesfeld (2014-2015) Civil Contractor
Karr Construction Inc.-Steel Erectors